2.24.2007

Oh Noes!

Well, looks like Audioslave as we know it is history.

Plenty of people have probably predicted this, and I'm fairly sure plenty are happy about it, too, but I find myself less than thrilled.

I've always liked Audioslave. Maybe it's because I listened to them before I heard Soundgarden or RATM(both fine bands, to be sure), or perhaps it's because they were one of the bands that really got me into music (Be Yourself was plain awesome), but I've always liked them. Critics can say all they want about them getting worse/sucking, but I don't care - their music does something a lot of music seems to fail to do these days: it just sounds good (and chill. unlike, say, Iron Maiden or Dimmu Borgir, neither of which are either to me). Matter of personal opinion, I know, but I'm still kinda sad to hear this. Oh well.



Be Yourself truly is a fine song. Those of you who haven't heard it before, take the time to listen to it now. I promise you, it'll be worth it.

I'll rant about my dislike of black/death metal later. I have homework now.

No comments:

 
Template 'Transient 1.0' designed exclusively for BKO by witnwisdumb.