10.09.2007

Poem Without Plot

I wrote these lines without any plot
And can’t say what this is, only what it’s not

This isn’t an ode to the ‘beauty’ of ‘true love’
Nor one in praise of ‘powers above’

This isn’t a tale of maidens fair
With oversized towers and bleached blonde hair

War, peace, and all the rest you won’t find here
You’ll have to look elsewhere for those, my dear

Beyond mere babble, what lies within?
Nothing at all, neither virtue nor sin

Its lack of content I won’t obscure
Of that, my friend, you may be sure

This does, however, have an annoying rhyme
Which you can attribute to an excess of free time

Meter and thought, must they be done?
Not at all, these lines ain’t got none

Yeah, that was pretty crappy, I know
But I’m just playing for space…ho ho?

Ah, yes, ’tis truly a curse,
To be able to think in nought but verse

Such are the effects of Geography class
When mixed with a mind most vulgar and crass

Okay, I’ve run out of things to say
But I’ve got stuff to do anyway

So here I go, off I trot
Thus comes to an end, my poem without a plot

5 comments:

Princess Stefania said...

Indeed, it is a dreadful curse
To think in naught but pointless verse
Oh won't you stick to rants and raves?
Offensive posts that my heart craves?
But if you must, do write in meter!
I am, I know, a damned repeater.
So mark my words, heed what I say
Or live your life in fear, that way!



Grrowl!

Farcenal said...

well that wasn't random at all was it?
you've really painted a mental picture for me lol.
(the picture would be random multi-coloured lines in a psychadelic design: modern art if you will)

I hope my pathetic poetry didn't inspire this?

Shiny Butter Knife said...

haha
@Princess Stefania
a leaf of your book
'twas all that i took
but henceforth i shall be sure
to write in meter most (im)pure

;_

@Shravan
a picture, huh? cool. O.O

actually, this is a rather old post of mine from last year that i noticed wasn't on this blog. figured i'd repost, since i was running short on new stuff. heh.

Shiny Butter Knife said...

>.<
that ;_ was supposed to be a ;)
>.<

Farcenal said...

the mental picture thing sarcasm.
i was alluding to the fact that is was, in all honestly, absolute random perfection lol

 
Template 'Transient 1.0' designed exclusively for BKO by witnwisdumb.